When filling out your Articles of Organization to file with the Secretary of State and form an LLC, you will be required to provide the name and address of your registered agent on a mandatory basis.
Given how crucial a registered agent is, let's elaborate on the following points:
- How to conduct Connecticut registered agent search operations;
- Which cities in the state can offer affordable RA services;
- Which RA service can become your reliable partner in the state;
- How we write our reviews and choose the best services.
Best Registered Agent Service in Connecticut
The main objective of any RA is to provide a way for state government agencies and the public to contact the company.
The slightest mistake in the work of a registered agent can cause severe fines or lead to more serious issues for the business. That's why it's essential to find a reliable provider.
There are more than 160 cities in Connecticut, and you're likely to find competent RA services in the largest of them. Such agents will gladly take care of your business mail.
Registered Agent in Hartford, Connecticut
- URS Agents LLC. The address of the service is 330 Roberts Street, Suite 203, East Hartford, Ct 06108. Call 800-567-4397 to find out how the company can assist you;
- Connecticut Registered Agent. The service will cost you $49 per year. The main office of the company is located at 2389 Main St. Suite 100, Glastonbury, CT 06033;
- Corporation Service Company (CSC). The office is located at 225 Goodwin Square Asylum Street, 20th Floor Hartford, CT 06103.
Registered Agent in Glastonbury, Connecticut
- Northwest. The company has a registered office in Glastonbury, CT. This is where Northwest will accept and scan documents for your Connecticut LLC;
- Harbor Compliance. This Glastonbury registered agent company offers quality RA services starting at $89 per year;
- BizFiling. The flat fee is $220 per year. You can visit the company at 115 Glastonbury Blvd, Glastonbury, 06033.
Registered Agent for an LLC in Connecticut: Main Requirements
Detailed rules regarding duties and requirements for RAs are set forth in Title 33 of Chapter 601, Section 33-660 (Registered office and registered agent) of the Connecticut General Statutes.
Note that, as a business owner, you can act as your own registered agent for the company, provided you are an adult and a permanent resident of the state. Alternatively, you can delegate the RA duties to any Connecticut resident of legal age.
A legal business entity authorized to do business in the state that has a registered office may also be appointed as a registered agent for your company.
Now let’s talk about the best RA services that can help you in any of the 50 states.
Northwest Registered Agent
Cost: $125 per year.
Northwest is considered one of the largest RA service providers on the market. The company is widely known among many businesses as both a reliable national registered agent and a provider of quality LLC formation services.
- Website. The service's online platform is convenient and easy to use. This is where entrepreneurs can find useful information related to LLC formation;
- Pricing. The company charges $125/year for its registered agent services Connecticut. The price is not the lowest on the market, but it’s justified by the quality;
- Transparency. Northwest does not hide the cost of its services and always provides relevant information on the official website;
- The team. Northwest currently employs over 700 customer service specialists across the country;
- Corporate Guides. The main uniqueness of the service lies in highly qualified professional consultants, which ensures efficient communication with customers;
- Experience. Northwest is a national registered agent that serves more than 3 million customers throughout the U.S.;
- Confidentiality. Every customer is guaranteed Privacy by Default. This aspect is the basis of cooperation at Northwest;
- Additional services. These include annual report filings, federal Tax ID service, foreign registration, mail forwarding, virtual office, certificates of good standing, etc.
- Getting into details. Northwest's Corporate Guides strive to provide as detailed answers as possible, which may seem tedious at times;
- Additional fees. Additional services (e.g., EIN or DBA) are expensive compared to competitors;
- Formation services. To form an LLC with Northwest, you will pay $345. It includes the filing fee of $100, CT 3-day filing time ($120.00), and the RA service fee of $125.
Connecticut registered agent reviews confirm that clients of Northwest consider the company to be a reliable service provider. In addition, the company is also BBB accredited with an A- rating.
ZenBusiness Registered Agent
Cost: $199 per year.
ZenBusiness offers quality RA services at $199/year to help businesses remain compliant. Additionally, young entrepreneurs can also get financial and educational support here.
- Discounts. ZenBusiness offers customers to choose from two RA packages, and if this is your first year with the firm, you will get a 50% discount;
- Notifications. Once your new Connecticut registered agent consents to the appointment, you will also get timely notifications on important events and due dates;
- Experience. ZenBusiness is considered a relatively young company, but that hasn't stopped it from reaching more clients - more than 300,000 clients in 7 years;
- Grant programs. If you're a small business with an idea that you want to turn into reality, you should know that ZenBusiness provides $5,000 grants every month;
- Loyalty programs. If you invite your friends and colleagues to cooperate with the company, you will get a discount;
- Customer service. Consultants are available for customer inquiries during regular business hours and on Sundays;
- Extras. Web hosting, business credit cards, and more can be obtained without a hassle;
- Training. The service has a solid library of training videos on the official website, from articles on building efficient business plans to company management guides.
- Average pricing. If you're looking for a package that will include both RA services and worry-free compliance, you will need to pay an additional $49;
- Website. We found the price search procedure sort of complex. To check the prices, you will need to answer a few questions of an AI bot on the website.
Customers recommend the service for forming an LLC and for those who need a reliable agent to handle correspondence. The BBB organization also gave ZenBusiness a B+ rating.
Incfile Registered Agent
Cost: $119 per year.
As of 2022, Incfile has served more than 800,000 clients. The main direction of the company is business formation and RA services at the most competitive prices.
- Free business formation. Incfile offers Connecticut registered agent services in its basic LLC formation package for $0 (excluding the $120 state fee) for the first year;
- Affordability. After the first year, you can renew the RA service for $119 per year;
- Transparency. There are no hidden fees or membership fees charged by Incfile;
- Individual notifications. Every time your agent receives important documents on your behalf, you will get a timely notification by email or text message;
- Education. Young entrepreneurs will benefit from the Resource Center section with details information on how to set up a business;
- Useful add-ons. You can order a quality tax consultation, corporate/LLC kit, business license, trademark registration, financial and accounting services, and many other standalone solutions.
- Customer service. Incfile experts will answer all your questions in a professional manner, however, getting in touch with them can be a challenge;
- Limited features. The $0 Silver package has limited features, which can be a reason to switch to the Gold or Platinum package.
Incfile has been BBB accredited since 2004 and has an impressive A+ rating on the website. This is also confirmed by thousands of satisfied customers on reputable review sites.
Most clients of the company praise the registered agent service and useful features of the official website.
Rocket Lawyer Registered Agent
Cost: $149.99 per year.
If you're conducting registered agent Connecticut search and looking for professional attorneys at the same time, then Rocket Lawyer will suit you best. The company offers quality business compliance and legal protection to companies on an ongoing basis.
Rocket Lawyer Pros:
- Discounts. All Premium members receive a 25% discount on the RA service. The Premium membership fee is $39.99 per month;
- Legal support. Along with a Connecticut registered agent for service of process, you will also get access to professional legal support;
- Quality assurance. Rocket Lawyer guarantees that every client will be satisfied with the work of their statutory agents. Otherwise, they will get a full refund;
- Trial period. You can use a 7-day trial to test the service before paying the full price;
- Simple organization. The RA service includes cloud storage of all your business docs received online. This allows you to quickly find any document you need;
- Application. You can make legal documents, e-sign them, choose from 1,000+ templates, ask for legal advice, capture evidence, and much more;
- Support. Although the service provides legal support during regular business hours, most customers are happy with the work of Rocket Lawyer's experts;
- Experience. Over 25 million businesses and individuals have received quality assistance from Rocket Lawyer.
Rocket Lawyer Cons:
- Cancellations. Some clients claimed they had trouble with canceling the trial period and, therefore, were automatically charged;
- Cost. The standard fee for the registered agent service is $149.99, which is more expensive compared to Rocket Lawyers' competitors.
Rocket Lawyer Reviews
Most clients consider Rocket Lawyer to be a reliable legal company with great features. However, the RA service of the firm is no less popular.
Rocket Lawyer has also received an A+ rating on the BBB website.
LegalZoom Registered Agent
Cost: $299 per year.
LegalZoom is a company that can help you update your registered agent in Connecticut and get professional legal support in the necessary field.
- Experience. The service has 20 years of experience in business formation and related services;
- Legal services. The service is ready to work as an RA firm and provide legal assistance in all areas of life;
- Support. LegalZoom specialists are ready to consult clients during regular working hours and on weekends;
- Protection. Apart from timely alerts on receiving important mail, the RA package also includes $1M in identity theft protection and credit monitoring;
- Notifications. You will get timely emails about critical tax and annual report upcoming deadlines through a Compliance Calendar;
- Extras. LegalZoom has a wealth of resources and options for setting up and successfully growing an LLC.
- Expensive. LegalZoom's services are expensive compared to the other providers. Plus, the RA service is not included in any package to form an LLC;
- Upsells. Before the company provides access to their Connecticut RA office address, you will be offered a number of other additional services.
Despite the fact that LegalZoom has received a high rating on the BBB website, there are still complaints about the unjustified pricing of the company.
InCorp Registered Agent
Cost: $129 per year.
InCorp is another company that has been offering its services for more than 20 years and has managed to make a name for itself. Mostly due to its quality RA services. That's why you can easily find a professional registered agent for LLC in Connecticut here.
- Experience. The firm has been in the business since 1998 and has over 250,000 active clients in the U.S. and unincorporated territories;
- Pricing. The registered agent service fee is $129, which is quite affordable and standard for the market;
- Discounts. If you plan to collaborate with the company for multiple years, you will get a discount on the RA service at $87 per year;
- Management system. Each customer gets access to a dashboard to manage business documents and keep track of important due dates;
- Technology. Along with a registered agent, you will also get access to the Entity Watch system for document tracking on the Secretary of State's website;
- Resources. E-books, guides, and articles for business development are available for InCorp customers;
- Support. Like most competitors, InCorp offers extended support hours (provided in English and Spanish).
- Poor website navigation. The company's website is quite complex to navigate, and finding the required information can become a challenge;
- Hidden fees. The website does not state that when ordering the business formation service, the company will charge $18 for document delivery.
Although InCorp has an excellent A+ rating on the Best Business Bureau website, the reviews still seem to be quite mixed.
Harbor Compliance Registered Agent
Cost: $99 per year.
Harbor Compliance is one of the best Connecticut registered agent services in the U.S., operating in all 50 regions.
What makes this service special and unique is its purpose-built software, which helps control business documents and comply with government licensing requirements.
Harbor Compliance Pros:
- Price. The RA service cost is more than optimal. By signing an agreement with the company for 1 year, the client will pay $99/year (2+ years - $89/year);
- Wholesale offers. If you need an RA in several states at the same time, contact the service for bulk discount rates;
- Software. Harbor Compliance's special software lets you securely store your files online, save time creating documents, and protect your personal data;
- Speed. Harbor Compliance promises to notify you immediately upon receiving business documents on behalf of the company;
- Training material. The site has an "Information Center" section with in-depth guides, webinars, and more;
- Support. The quality of customer support is top-notch, and you can contact the support team by fax, phone, or email;
- Flexibility. Customers can customize their own document or annual report notifications to their liking.
Harbor Compliance Cons:
- No free RA service. The registered agent service is not included in the formation package.
Harbor Compliance Reviews
Customers are mostly satisfied with Harbor Compliance's performance both on review sites and on social media, often referring to the excellent RA service.
Benefits of Using a Connecticut Registered Agent Service
A resident agent is an individual/entity responsible for all the documentation received from the state. Thus, your RA must notify you, as the owner, upon receiving business documents in a timely manner.
Also, if you think you have what it takes, you can become your own RA for the company. However, such a decision is rather ill-advised due to the following reasons:
- You must be on the spot (in the office) at all times so as not to miss any important mail. Consequently, you will not be able to go on vacations or take sick leaves;
- All information about the business owner(s) becomes publicly available on the Secretary of State's website. Thus, confidentiality is out of the question;
- Service of process can be served during your business meeting with business clients, which can severely damage your reputation;
- It takes a lot of effort and time to get all the documents in order and keep track of important due dates.
For the reasons above, most business owners prefer to choose a professional third-party RA service that can not only relieve them of their responsibilities but also improve their work with documents.
Here are a few reasons to appoint a third-party service as your registered agent:
- Availability all year round. Specialists are available during business hours to receive and notify you in a timely manner of business mail received;
- Maintained confidentiality. Your RA will list the registered office of his/her company and their contact details in the registration documents;
- Time-saving. The agent will keep track of every business document related to your company as well as all due dates on your annual reports or other events;
- Preserved reputation. Experienced service providers will never miss a single important email from the state to keep your business in good standing;
- Additional services. You can count on valuable tax advice, timely reminders, compliance calendars, tracking tools, legal consultations, etc.
However, it's worth noting that some RA services may seem quite expensive, but in the long run, working with them will definitely do the trick.
Best Registered Agent Review: How We Choose
LLC.Services is an independent project run by a team of experts who help novice entrepreneurs learn more about setting up a company without a hassle and where to find a reliable service provider.
Why You Can Trust Us
Our mission is to help young entrepreneurs start a new business as quickly as possible by explaining the steps required to achieve great results.
Our motivation is that we, too, once started our first business. The process at the time seemed long since we had no experience in the field. This is how LLC.Services was born.
In our work, we are usually guided by the following rules:
- Keeping it simple. We do not use complex terminology to confuse our readers;
- Verifying. State laws are subject to change, which may be happening this very second. That's why we always have a professional lawyer on our team;
- Evolving. We're not standing still, but constantly looking for new ways to grow and offer more to our readers;
- Staying relevant. We make sure that the content of our reviews is always relevant and true to date, never weak or insipid.
How We Choose the Best Registered Agent Service
When searching online, a large number of service providers for hire can be confusing and does not allow you to quickly evaluate the most reliable options. We do everything possible to fix this situation.
Below you can see every step we follow before posting content on the website:
- Connecticut registered agent search. We look for an RA who is likely to become a reliable partner of a particular business;
- Research and analysis. We compare the experience and quality of services, their unique offers, and the cost of services to create our own preliminary ranking table;
- Connecticut registered agent reviews and testing. We carefully study customer opinions on review and analytical sites, as well as on social networks;
- Analyzing and preparing results. At this stage, we summarize and analyze all the collected information to make a list of the best RA services.
Registered Agent Review: Conclusion
When searching for the best registered agent services Connecticut, you can find dozens of different offers online that, at first glance, seem attractive and appropriate. However, if you study more, things will be different.
This review is an in-depth analysis of the current situation on the market, aimed at helping novice entrepreneurs find a suitable and reliable business partner in a short period of time.
After processing quite a few options, we've come up with the top 7 RA services for you:
- Northwest can rightly be ranked as #1 and considered the leader of the market, as its services are affordable and attractive;
- ZenBusiness is less experienced than Northwest but has an impressive track record and great prices on RA services;
- Incfile is the only provider that offers basic business formation services at $0 for the first year, including the registered agent service;
- Rocket Lawyer has extensive experience as an RA. However, the main focus of the company is quality legal support;
- LegalZoom is highly valued as a reputable legal firm and provider of exceptional RA services, though the cost of the latter is quite high;
- InCorp opens its doors to businesses looking for long-term cooperation at lower prices. The company offers many useful features and information material;
- Harbor Compliance offers bulk discounts for multi-year collaborations. The service also offers advanced software-driven technology (Entity Manager).
Thus, each service provider is unique in its own way, although at first glance it may seem that their offerings are the same. Nevertheless, they all have their special features that are able to provide unique benefits to businesses.
We hope that we can help you make the right decision with our reviews.
Choosing a Best Registered Agent is easy. Select your State to get started.
Select your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia